Historical waterworks in Augsburg
Modern water provision began in 1879 in Augsburg with the waterworks at the town’s weir. The plant was groundbreaking when it was first built and became the destination for visitors from across the world. The integrated technology from the MAN company was used for the first time here and it was a technical sensation. The building and the technical installations remain fully preserved and in a good state of repair to this day.