Upper Castle Schloss Mitwitz
The Upper Castle in Mitwitz is situated on the hillside of the Jakobsberg, around 300 metres southeast of the Wasserschloss Mitwitz (the Water Castle, also known as the Lower Castle). The 2.8 hectare grounds feature a park with old trees and a mausoleum. The land is directly adjacent to the family’s own wood. In 1713 the castle was rebuilt in a baroque style on the site of the old walls. An old “wedding barn” from 1729 with a historical wine and ice cellar can be found on the grounds, along with a hunting lodge, a historical timber-framed building (hunting lodge condition: restored exterior, interior in need of renovation).