The Glockenschmiede was established in 1650 and is one of the few remaining water-powered blacksmiths in Bavaria. It features a long wooden water channel, 2 large waterwheels, 3 tilting hammers and 3 flues, originally preserved tools, and a large number of forged goods. Cow bells were the speciality (“Glockenschmiede” means bell forge). In the grinding house (separate building), which dates back to 1859, all of the blades, such as those for axes and hay knives, were then sharpened on the large grindstones. The complex comprises several buildings; the mountain stream flows through the grounds.