Peesten Dance Lime
The wooden construction of the “dance linden tree” was rebuilt in 2001 following historical records. The first documented reference to the dance linden tree was made in 1657. The tree is surrounded by the Giech’sche Schloss (1725), the former school (1895, now a pottery), St. Mary’s Church (14th/19th C.), the former alehouse (17th C.), a private house (around 1800) and a well. The branches of the linden (large-leaved linden, planted in 1951) encircle a “treehouse” with a door, 11 windows and 12 dormer windows, three metres above the ground, accessed via a stone staircase with 22 steps. The crown of the tree resembles a cube. The building is supported by 12 sandstone pillars (19th C.).