The Miltenburg was built in 1200 and refurbished in 2011. Since then, it has been housing the Museum Burg Miltenberg for Modern Art and Icons. The “Rittersaal” has been left in the condition of the last renovations of 1900; the other rooms were painted white but the original room structure has been retained. Part of the castle has been preserved as ruins. An exhibition on the castle’s history can be found in the vaulted cellars. The keep and gardens are fully accessible. Wonderful views of Miltenberg, the River Main, nearby towns, as well as Spessart and Odenwald, can be enjoyed from the castle.