Hof train station
Wonderfully structured, mighty sandstone building. The border between Bavaria and Saxony runs through the magnificent interior. Commissioned in 1880; one of the most attractive station buildings in Germany. Hof train station was the border station between the kingdoms of Bavaria and Saxony and later between West and East Germany. The late-classical building houses the “Königssaal” – a magnificent room with a decor that satisfied even the highest wishes and conceptions.