Alte Pinakothek Munich
The Alte Pinakothek (Old Pinacotheca), opened in 1836, planned by Leo von Klenze. It displays paintings from the Middle Ages up to the 18th century. On both the north and south sides there are large lawns, which are used for relaxation, for sports and also as sculpture gardens. The Old Pinacotheca is located in the centre of the Munich art district, next to the Pinakothek der Moderne, the Neue Pinakothek and the Brandhorst Museum.